Elderly Care Rehabilitation At Home
Acute medical illness or surgery of an elderly person can be associated with a temporary reduction in the ability to carry out the normal activities of daily living.
This can be due to the effect of the illness or surgery itself, side effects of treatment or becoming deconditioned from reduced activity whilst in hospital. Therefore, rehabilitation is often needed during recovery process, so that elderly person can return to the same level of functioning and independence.
We are able to provide intensive multi-disciplinary rehabilitation to match inpatient rehabilitation or brief intervention to organise a programme to be self managed or with support from family/carer.
We will work with you to:
- Practise of mobility, transfers, activities of daily living
- Balance training and falls prevention
- Equipment provision to support independent living at home
- Reduce your long term care needs
Conditions that we can help with:
- Facilitate safe discharge from hospital following illness or injury
- De-conditioning following illness.
Home visits for Private Hospitals and Rehabilitation Units:
We can be contracted to provide Physiotherapy, Occupational Therapy and Speech Therapy at home. We can work on a ‘virtual ward’ basis for medically stable clients after the surgery or illness. We can complete home visit /access visits to enable safe discharge. The benefits are:
– Specialist one to one rehabilitation at home, quicker return to normal routine at home, activities of daily living practise at own home environment, reduced risk of infection, Improved quality of life whilst recovering from Illness and injury.
– reduced length of stay at hospital, increased satisfaction for the client and family, reduced hospital acquired infection, hospital
Longfield Integrated Care Centre
118 Danes Way,
Areas We Cover
Home visits: We cover Essex, Havering, Barking and Dagenham, Redbridge, Waltham Forest
Clinic Base: Longfield Integrated care centre, (Longfield Poly Clinic) Longfield, Kent, DA3 7PJ.
Contact us for a free phone consultation!